The 2018 Gadget Drum Corps Tour continues, heading to Southwest Ohio with the 2018 Drum Corps International Summer Music Games in Cincinnati! It all takes place at Dwire Field at Atrium Stadium on the campus of William Mason High School in Mason, Ohio, this Monday, June 25th! The fun begins at 7:00pm with Cincinnati Tradition performing at 7:15pm. I will be in the stands to provide my LIVE coverage of the show, featuring:
Cincinnati Tradition – Cincinnati, OH
Pioneer – Milwaukee, WI
Madison Scouts – Madison, WI
Crossmen – San Antonio, TX
Phantom Regiment – Rockford, IL
Bluecoats – Canton, OH
Boston Crusaders – Boston, MA
Carolina Crown – Fort Mill, SC
I hope to see you at the show or online!
Not only will the 2018 Innovations in Brass be my first live drum corps event of the season…
Not only will I be providing LIVE From the Stands! coverage of the show on Drum Corps Planet…
Not only will I be writing the show review for Drum Corps World…
I will also be performing for the first time with Rhythm in BLUE! Continue reading DCP/DCW COVERAGE — 2018 Innovations In Brass
Al Chez is well-known for playing trumpet over 25 years on “Late Night” (NBC) and “The Late Show with David Letterman” (CBS). He is the second-longest network TV trumpet player after Doc Severinsen, with over 2,800 shows.
He toured with Tower of Power, Bon Jovi, Robert Cray, Young Rascals, Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Maynard Ferguson, Eric Clapton, Dave Edmunds Band, Ben E King, Sam & Dave, among others. Forming his own band in 2008, he continues touring as well as giving back to students through band and drum corps clinics.
It’s two weeks until the start of the 2018 Drum Corps International season, and I’m going to enjoy it from the comfort of a reclining leather seat in a movie theater. Now, that’s drum corps! Continue reading DCW COVERAGE — 2018 DCI Tour Premiere Cinecast
5/25 – ADDED 7/21 COLUMBUS DCA SHOW TO SCHEDULE
It’s the most wonderful time of the year…
I’ve received my writing assignments, begun rehearsing my music, and have scoured the 2018 drum corps schedule. The results are listed below.
If you will be at any of these shows, please let me know!
- 6/1 – EMPIRE STATESMEN ALUMNI PERFORMANCE – 2018 Sherburne Pageant of Bands – Sherburne, New York
- 6/16 – SCDA DuBois, PA – City Park, Dubois, Pennsylvania – SDCA
- 6/21 – DCW COVERAGE – 2018 DCI Tour Premiere – Cinemark USA Southpark Mall, Strongsville, Ohio – DCI
- 6/23 – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – RHYTHM IN BLUE PERFORMANCE – 2018 Innovations In Brass – InfoCision Stadium, Akron, Ohio – DCI
- 7/4 – RHYTHM IN BLUE PERFORMANCE – 2018 City of Dublin Independence Day Celebration Parade – Dublin, Ohio
- 7/21 – 2018 Saints Showcase – Africentric High School Stadium, Columbus, Ohio – DCA
- 8/4 – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – 2018 Shoremen Brass Classic – Avon Lake Memorial Stadium, Avon Lake, Ohio – DCI
- 8/5 – RHYTHM IN BLUE PERFORMANCE – 2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinees Roundtable – Canton Memorial Civic Center, Canton, Ohio
- 8/6 – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – RHYTHM IN BLUE PERFORMANCE – 2018 Tour of Champions Massillon – Paul Brown Tiger Stadium, Massillon, Ohio – DCI
- 8/9 – DCP COVERAGE – 2018 DCI World Championships Prelims – Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana – DCI
- 8/10 – DCP COVERAGE – 2018 DCI World Championships Semifinals – Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana – DCI
- 8/11 – RHYTHM IN BLUE PERFORMANCE – 2018 SoundSport International Music & Food Festival – Pan Am Plaza, Indianapolis, Indiana – SoundSport
- 8/11 – DCP COVERAGE – 2018 DCI World Championships Finals – Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana – DCI
- 8/18 – DCW COVERAGE – SDCA Sheffield, PA – Sheffield Fire Hall, Sheffield, Pennsylvania – SDCA
- 8/31 – DCW COVERAGE – 2018 DCA Individual/Ensemble & Mini Corps Competition – Community Arts Center, Williamsport, Pennsylvania – DCA
- 9/1 – DCP COVERAGE – 2018 DCA World Championships Prelims – STA Stadium, Williamsport, Pennsylvania – DCA
- 9/2 – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – 2018 DCA Alumni Spectacular – STA Stadium, Williamsport, Pennsylvania – DCA
- 9/2 – DCP COVERAGE – 2018 DCA World Championships Finals – STA Stadium, Williamsport, Pennsylvania – DCA
For the first time since 2014, they’re putting the corps back together! Mark your calendars for June 2nd, grab your horns, drums, flags, rifles, and sabers, and get ready for a day of Statesmen Style fun! Continue reading 2018 Empire Statesmen Reunion
The 2018 indoor season is over, but there are plenty of memories all of the color guards, drum lines, and winds groups created throughout the first quarter of the year. I had the pleasure and honor of working social media for some of the Ohio Indoor Performance Assocation events this past season, including the opening Premier event in January and state championships in April. Continue reading 2018 Ohio Indoor Performance Association Photos
UPDATE: 6/22 INDIANS GAME REMOVED FROM SCHEDULE
There are two activities I love to follow in the summer – drum corps and baseball. I’m sure you’re already aware of my drum corps fixation, so let’s talk about baseball for a bit.
I am very fortunate to have a lot of baseball within a couple hours driving of my home. All but one of the Cleveland Indians’ minor league teams are in Ohio. Why they didn’t have their farm system set up this way in the past, I don’t know, but I can see so much of the Cleveland baseball organization so easily now, so I’m not complaining! Continue reading UPDATED 5/26 — Kevin’s 2018 Baseball Tour
Finals Day is here! Finals Day is here!!!
I’ll be on the social media team for Winter Guard International, helping cover their 2018 Color Guard Championships. Tonight, I am at the University of Dayton Arena on the campus of the University of Dayton in Dayton, Ohio. I will be posting photos and videos of the performing groups in Scholastic World and Indpedent World Finals throughout the evening. Continue reading 2018 Winter Guard International Social Media Coverage — Saturday
It’s Day Two and Semifinals day!
I’ll be on the social media team for Winter Guard International, helping cover their 2018 Color Guard Championships. Today, I am at the University of Dayton Arena on the campus of the University of Dayton in Dayton, Ohio. I will be posting photos and videos of the performing groups in Scholastic Open, Scholastic World, and Indpedent World Semifinals throughout the day. Continue reading 2018 Winter Guard International Social Media Coverage — Friday