Yes, I know it’s still 2019, but the marching band season is coming to a close and I’m already feeling withdrawal.
Every winter, I break out my camera and (reluctantly) access my non-Twitter social media accounts so I can cover the indoor color guard, percussion, and winds activity for the Ohio Indoor Performance Association and Winter Guard International. After such a banner year for the marching arts in 2019, I am very excited to see what the 2020 season brings us.
Here’s my tentative schedule for the 2020 indoor season as we have a few months before it starts:
- January 18-19 – Ohio Indoor Performance Association Premiere (Guard on Saturday in Findlay, Ohio, percussion and winds on Sunday in Marion, Ohio)
- February 8 – 2020 San Francisco Chinese New Year Parade with the San Francisco Renegades (TENTATIVE – Waiting for confirmation that the Renegades are in the parade)
- March 14-15 – Winter Guard International Indianapolis Percussion Regional
- March 28-29 – Ohio Indoor Performance Association State Championships (Guard on Saturday, percussion and Winds on Sunday)
- April 1-4 – Winter Guard International Color Guard World Championships (Dayton, Ohio)
Follow along on the WGI and OIPA social media sites!
Here’s a gallery of photos I took at last year’s WGI percussion championships.