One of my high school classmates emailed me recently with a question regarding their contacts on their Android phone. He keeps his contacts in his Yahoo account and wanted to know if there is a way to import his phone contacts to Yahoo. Fortunately, there is an easy way to do this.
As Android is Google’s mobile operating system, one of the first steps new Android users take when setting up their phone is to set up a Google account, if they don’t already have one, then associate that account with their phone. This is very convenient as your phone automatically syncs just about every piece of information you enter on the phone, including your email, calendars, photos, AND your contacts. This is great news if you want to get your contacts into another web account like Yahoo as you don’t even need to do anything on the phone to make it happen.
Here’s what you do:
1. Go to http://mail.yahoo.com and log into your Yahoo account.
2. Click on the Contacts tab.
3. Click on the Import Contacts button.
4. Click on the Gmail button.
5. In the fields provided, enter your Google account username and password.
6. Check the box to grant Yahoo permission to access your Google contacts and click continue.
7. Select the contacts you wish to import and click the Import button.
That’s it! Your phone contacts now also appear in your Yahoo account.