5/25 – ADDED 7/21 COLUMBUS DCA SHOW TO SCHEDULE
It’s the most wonderful time of the year…
I’ve received my writing assignments, begun rehearsing my music, and have scoured the 2018 drum corps schedule. The results are listed below.
If you will be at any of these shows, please let me know!
- 6/1 – EMPIRE STATESMEN ALUMNI PERFORMANCE – 2018 Sherburne Pageant of Bands – Sherburne, New York
- 6/16 – SCDA DuBois, PA – City Park, Dubois, Pennsylvania – SDCA
- 6/21 – DCW COVERAGE – 2018 DCI Tour Premiere – Cinemark USA Southpark Mall, Strongsville, Ohio – DCI
- 6/23 – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – RHYTHM IN BLUE PERFORMANCE – 2018 Innovations In Brass – InfoCision Stadium, Akron, Ohio – DCI
- 7/4 – RHYTHM IN BLUE PERFORMANCE – 2018 City of Dublin Independence Day Celebration Parade – Dublin, Ohio
- 7/21 – 2018 Saints Showcase – Africentric High School Stadium, Columbus, Ohio – DCA
- 8/4 – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – 2018 Shoremen Brass Classic – Avon Lake Memorial Stadium, Avon Lake, Ohio – DCI
- 8/5 – RHYTHM IN BLUE PERFORMANCE – 2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinees Roundtable – Canton Memorial Civic Center, Canton, Ohio
- 8/6 – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – RHYTHM IN BLUE PERFORMANCE – 2018 Tour of Champions Massillon – Paul Brown Tiger Stadium, Massillon, Ohio – DCI
- 8/9 – DCP COVERAGE – 2018 DCI World Championships Prelims – Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana – DCI
- 8/10 – DCP COVERAGE – 2018 DCI World Championships Semifinals – Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana – DCI
- 8/11 – RHYTHM IN BLUE PERFORMANCE – 2018 SoundSport International Music & Food Festival – Pan Am Plaza, Indianapolis, Indiana – SoundSport
- 8/11 – DCP COVERAGE – 2018 DCI World Championships Finals – Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana – DCI
- 8/18 – DCW COVERAGE – SDCA Sheffield, PA – Sheffield Fire Hall, Sheffield, Pennsylvania – SDCA
- 8/31 – DCW COVERAGE – 2018 DCA Individual/Ensemble & Mini Corps Competition – Community Arts Center, Williamsport, Pennsylvania – DCA
- 9/1 – DCP COVERAGE – 2018 DCA World Championships Prelims – STA Stadium, Williamsport, Pennsylvania – DCA
- 9/2 – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – 2018 DCA Alumni Spectacular – STA Stadium, Williamsport, Pennsylvania – DCA
- 9/2 – DCP COVERAGE – 2018 DCA World Championships Finals – STA Stadium, Williamsport, Pennsylvania – DCA
The 2017 Legends Drum Corps Open is taking place on just two days! You can find out everything you need to know about this and other shows with the DrumScorps app, powered by Drum Corps Planet. The app is FREE to download for iOS andAndroid. You can also subscribe for access to show recaps and to remove ads for just $1.99 a year!
DrumScorps iOS app
DrumScorps Android app
Screenshots of DrumScorps’ Legends Drum Corps Open info:
The 2017 drum corps season is kicking into high gear as DCI begins its stretch of major regional events. This also means that drum corps is coming back to the Midwest soon! In two weeks, I’ll be providing LIVE From the Stands! coverage of the 2017 Emerald City Music Games competition in Dublin, Ohio, on Monday, July 31st. If you’ll be at the show, be sure to say hello!
What: 2017 Emerald City Music Games
Where: Dublin Coffman High School Stadium
When: Monday, July 31st, 7PM Eastern
Who: Blue Stars, Bluecoats, Cincinnati Tradition, Colts, Crossmen, Oregon Crusaders, Pacific Crest, Seattle Cascades
Whether you are on the field, in the stands, or following the action from home, be sure to join me LIVE From the Stands! for the 2016 Drum Corps Associates Alumni Spectacular! I will be live from the Sahlen’s Stadium press box, giving you live coverage of each performing unit from the first step off to the last note in the Drum Corps Planet discussion forums.
If you’re going to the Alumni Spectacular, be sure to check in on the event’s Facebook page!
I got about halfway through recording the first Box Center of the new year when my PC crashed. Even though I had saved my recording up to nearly that point, the crash corrupted the file and was not recoverable. I will attempt to record the show again tomorrow. Watch for it in your iTunes or podcast client.
- Contact Box Center
- Top Stories
- 2012 DCI World Championships
- World Class Champions – Blue Devils
- Open Class Champions – Oregon Crusaders
- Thoughts From The Box on World Class Finals
- Upcoming Shows
- Current News
- 2013 Auditions
- 2013 Program Announcements
I am sitting in the press box of Lucas Oil Stadium as I write this as, in about 2 1/2 hours, the top 12 junior drum and bugle corps in the world meet one last time to compete for the title of Drum Corps International World Champion in 2012. I will be giving you Live From the Stands coverage on Drum Corps Planet so be sure to watch the discussion thread here for all the updates.
Thanks to friend and Drum Corps Planet publisher John Donovan for sharing this gem for me.
Those of you who know me will get the reference.
Keep your eyes peeled. I have an interview lined up in the next few days for the first podcast of the year. I’ll post more once the interview happens.