Will you be attending the 2019 Drum Corps International Tour of Champions in at Northern Illinois University’s Huskie Stadium in Dekalb, Illinois, or watching the show on FloMarching? Here’s a preview of what to expect this Saturday.
I wrote this!
Drum corps returns once again to Ball State University for the 2019 DCI Central Indiana contest! Let’s take a look at who will be there!
— Read on www.flomarching.com/
UPDATED 5/22/19 – The first Drum Corps World review assignments are out. I have updated my schedule below to show the reviews AND Drum Corps Planet live coverage I’ll be providing this summer. Keep your eyes peeled for more updates as the schedule is further finalized.
Now that I follow and attend indoor events during the winter and spring, there is a sense of withdrawal which takes place between WGI Championships and the start of the drum corps season. Fortunately, that period is only for a couple months, but it’s still there. In order to get myself psyched for the upcoming season, I love to plan out what shows I will go to throughout the summer for both DCI and DCA. That plan is what you see on this page.
Note that at least some of these shows will also feature live coverage by me for Drum Corps Planet and/or a show review by me for Drum Corps World. There may also be a few other things in the works as well which I am not at liberty to discuss at this time. I will update this list with which shows get what coverage from me.
- Shows I will attend
- DCW REVIEW – June 20th – 2019 DCI Tour Premiere Cinecast (Location TBA)
- DCP LIVE/DCW REVIEW – June 22nd – 2019 Innovations In Brass – Massillon (North Canton, Ohio)
- DCP LIVE/DCW REVIEW – July 20th – 2019 DCA Columbus (Columbus, Ohio)
- DCP LIVE/DCW REVIEW – July 27th – 2019 Legends Drum Corps Invitational (White Lake, Michigan)
- DCP LIVE/DCW REVIEW – August 3rd – 2019 Shoremen Brass Classic (Avon Lake, Ohio)
- DCP LIVE/DCW REVIEW – August 5th – 2019 Tour Of Champions – Akron (Akron, Ohio)
- DCP LIVE – August 8th – 2019 DCI World Class Championships Prelims (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- DCP LIVE – August 9th – 2019 DCI World Class Championships Semifinals (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- DCW REVIEW – August 10th – 2019 SoundSport International Music & Food Festival (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- DCP LIVE – August 10th – 2019 DCI World Class Championships Finals (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- DCW REVIEW – August 30th – 2019 DCA I&E and Mini Corps Competition (Williamsport, Pennsylvania)
- DCP LIVE – August 31st – 2019 DCA Championships Prelims (Williamsport, Pennsylvania)
- DCP LIVE – September 1st – 2019 DCA Alumni Spectacular (Williamsport, Pennsylvania)
- DCP LIVE – September 1st – 2019 DCA Championships Finals (Williamsport, Pennsylvania)
- Shows on FloMarching
- June 22nd – 2019 DCI West
- June 28th – 2019 DCI Central Indiana
- June 29th – 2019 DCI Drum Corps At The Rose Bowl
- July 6th – 2019 DCI Orlando
- July 7th – 2019 DCI Menomonie
- July 10th – 2019 Celebration In Brass
- July 13th – 2019 DCI Memphis
- July 13th – 2019 Tour Of Champions – Northern Illinois
- July 13th – 2019 Drums Along The Rockies
- July 18th – 2019 DCI Central Texas
- July 19th – 2019 SoCal Classic
- July 20th – 2019 Southwestern Championship
- July 27th – 2019 Southeastern Championship
- July 28th – 2019 NightBEAT
- August 2nd-3rd – 2019 Eastern Classic
- August 5th-6th – 2019 DCI Open Class World Championship
A couple of weeks ago, an article I wrote about ’91 Star of Indiana was published on FloMarching. Enjoy!
NOTE: A Pro subscription to FloMarching/FloSports is required to read the article.
New year, new marching arts seasons.
In just two weeks, the first event of the 2019 indoor color guard, percussion, and winds season takes place. Thousands of performers will start taking the floor, literally, to entertain the fans and compete with each other, culminating in April at the Winter Guard International World Championships in Dayton, Ohio.
It’s Christmas Eve, which is exciting unto itself, but it’s also just under a month away from the 2018 indoor season! Winter guards, drum lines, and winds groups are already hard at work designing and perfecting their shows, and I can’t wait to see what they have in store for us all.
Here are the shows I plan on attending:
- 1/21 – OIPA Premier – Marion, Ohio
2/10 – WGI Troy Percussion Regional – Troy, Michigan
3/24 – OIPA Firestone – Akron, Ohio
- 3/25 – OIPA Firestone – Akron, Ohio
4/7 – OIPA Color Guard Championships – Wapakoneta, Ohio
- 4/8 – OIPA Percussion and Winds Championships – Wapakoneta, Ohio
TENTATIVE – 4/12-4/14 – WGI Color Guard Champioships – Dayton, Ohio
TENTATIVE – 4/19-4/21 – WGI Percussion Championships – Dayton, Ohio
- TENTATIVE – 4/21-4/22 – WGI Winds Championships – Dayton, Ohio
Will you be at any of these events? If so, please let me know and/or try to find me. I’m always looking for the chance to connect with old friends and meet new ones.