MST3K is back for it’s 12th season, the second via Netflix and the new lineup of Jonah Ray, Felicia Day, and Patton Oswalt. Last season, The Return, was wildly successful and loved. This season, the focus is on six movies and written with binge watching in mind.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you…THE GAUNTLET!!!
The first movie as we run The Gauntlet is Mac and Me, a very lame attempt to mac, if you will, on the popularity of ET, though it took five years for Hollywood to put this one out.
- I’ve never seen a vehicle with blinds in the windows
- Racially insensitively was pretty rampant in 80s Hollywood, wasn’t it?
- Alan Silvestri hadn’t learned how to write serious sound tracks yet
- Child actors are annoying more often are not
- So are alien puppets not under Frank Oz’s control
- More screen time for Rebecca Hanson!
- Replace M&Ms with Coke and you have a total rip off of the capturing the alien scene from ET
- Mac, you can do stupid things!
- This movie is brought to you by McDonald’s and Coca-Cola
- NO birthday party was EVER like this at McDonald’s
- And they even had a candy: Skittles instead of M&Ms
- “Featuring Drew Barryless as ‘Debbie'”
- The citizenship ceremony. I can’t even.
- “We’ll be back!” No, you won’t!